A Whitehall Township man was charged April 3 with homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence of alcohol and other offenses in a November 2012 fatal crash on Route 22 in the township.
Northampton police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Police responded to a report of that the rear tires of a vehicle had been slashed in the 1300 block of Stewart Street.
· A report of a dented right front fender on a vehicle brought officers to Hampton Lanes, 326 Main St.
· Police were called to Redner's Quick Shoppe, 33 W. 21st St., to investigate a report of a disorderly customer.
· A report of copper pipe removed from several rooms of a vacant home brought officers to the 1300 block of Newport Avenue.
North Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A report of criminal mischief brought officers to the 1000 block of Howertown Road.
· Police responded to a disturbance in the 1000 block of Howertown Road.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 1100 block of Front Street.
· A report of a suspicious vehicle brought police to the 500 block of Arch Street.
· Officers responded to a domestic call in the 1000 block of American Street.
The Whitehall police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A motor vehicle crash brought police to Lehigh Street.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 5100 block of Stone Terrace.
· Police were called to the 800 block of Third Street to investigate a report of harassment.
· A report of a burglary brought officers to the 1300 block of Mickley Road.
· Police responded to an alarm at Palace Pizza, 3600 Lehigh St.
· A report of a juvenile who assaulted another student on a school bus brought officers to First Avenue.
Coplay Police responded Saturday to a report of a hit-and-run crash involving three vehicles in the unit block of North Third Street.
Although the driver left the area, police said officers found the vehicle in question, a red 2003 Oldsmobile, parked at Third and Center streets, two blocks from the accident.
Janadene Valo, 38, of North Third Street, Whitehall, was identified as the driver and taken into custody, police said.
Valo will be cited with DUI and leaving the scene of an accident.
Police respond to noise complaint
Man found dead
State police are investigating the death of Michael J. Lagoey, 68, of 1502 Fifth St., Bethlehem.
According to the Lehigh County Coroner's Office, Lagoey was found dead April 3 at 12:34 p.m. at the Scottish Inn, 1701 Catasauqua Road, Hanover Township, Lehigh County.
Police have ruled the manner of death as suicide.
Harassment charges filed
A verbal dispute that turned into a physical altercation brought state police to the 100 block of Bentwood Circle, Greenbriar MHP, East Allen Township, Northampton County.
Whitehall Township Police Department's K-9 unit now has oxygen breathing kits for its police dogs, Nitro and Onyx. Officers Jeff Coleman and Richard Garner, who serve as handlers, are occasionally dispatched to burning buildings or structures with hazardous materials and illegal substances. During a brief ceremony April 5, Lehigh Valley CART (County Animal Response Team) presented the special oxygen apparatus and kits to the township police department. From left are CART Rescue Captain Trisha Burkhardt, Lt.
A Whitehall man died following a Monday night crash in Coplay.
Jeffrey Schwartz, 41, of 5045 Foxdale Drive , was pronounced dead at 12:31 a.m. April 2 at Lehigh Valley Hospital – Cedar Crest Campus today, according to the Lehigh County Coroner's office.
The coroner ruled the cause of death to be blunt force trauma.
"Based on the investigation conducted by our office the manner of death has been ruled suicide," says a news release from the coroner's office.
A residence the 2000 block of Pennsylvania Avenue, Hanover Township, Lehigh County, was recently burglarized.
Police said someone gained entry to the residence between Jan. 19 and 20 through the back door and attempted to open the door by breaking a window pane. The suspect subsequently forced the locked rear door open.
Jewelry, a safe and $80 were stolen, police said.
Police were called Feb. 9 to investigate a report of terroristic threats in the 7400 block of Tanglewood Road, East Allen Township.