The Bath Fire Company and Social Club, 125 S. Walnut St. (Rt. 512), Bath, will hold its fall turkey raffle on Sat., Nov. 17. The doors open at 11:30 a.m.
A hot meal and refreshments will be served.
There are 25 turkeys and 15 spins, and spins include five different selections.
You must be present at 1:30 and 3:30 p.m. for the $50 door prizes. A final drawing will be held for $50.
The Bath Area Food Bank will host a fundraiser at Barbara's Treasures, 69...
· Homemade Holiday Sale benefits the Mrs. Nothstein's Helping Hands Fund – 1-6 p.m., 1333 Fourth St., North Catasauqua. Information: Bill Nothstein at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-266-9512.
· "Vanishing of the Bees" documentary – 7 p.m., Room SH-144 (Science Hall), Lehigh Carbon Community College, 4525 Education Park Drive, Schnecksville. Information: 610-799-2121.
· Woman's Club of Catasauqua meeting – 7 p.m.,...
Mary Ann Brong, of Northampton, does a balancing act, holding a plate full of funnel cakes as Dave Roth fills another plate with halupkies. Brong was among those who attended the American Club of Coplay family picnic recently.
Q. How do I get my Windows Live Mail spell check back? It suddenly disappeared and refuses to work.
A. Windows Live Mail (WLM) automatically checks messages and underlines, with a red squiggly line, any words it suspects are misspelled. If your Windows Live Mail is no longer doing this, it needs to be restarted, which is not difficult to do.
With Windows Live Mail open, press the Menu button at the top of the screen, or you can press the ALT + M keystroke combo on your keyboard...
Some of the prices realized at the annual municipal auction Saturday in Northampton are as follows. Where appropriate the approximate mileage is given after the description.
2004 Ford Crown Victoria, 195,900 miles – $600
2008 Ford Crown Victoria, 156,321 miles – $2,200
2008 Ford Crown Victoria, 123,633 miles – $1,200
2009 Ford Crown Victoria, 149,278 miles – $2,700
2006 Ford Crown Victoria, 88,078 miles – $2,000
2001 Ford Crown...
Northampton borough did not escape the wrath of superstorm Sandy last week. LeRoy Brobst, assistant to the borough manager, said trees and power lines came toppling down and blackness covered the borough as a result of the aggressive, forceful winds.
According to the PPL website, 9,527 residents in Northampton experienced a power outage. All power had been restored by Tuesday, according to the website.
"At some point in time, just about everyone was without power," Brobst told...
The Whitehall police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Officers responded to a domestic call in the 5400 block of Pennsylvania Street.
· A report of a disturbance between a mother and son brought police to the 1700 block of Elmhurst Street.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 300 block of Mickley Road.
· A report of wires down brought police to Fairmont Avenue.
· Officers were called to the 700 block of Pennsylvania Street to...
St. John's Friendly Fifties will meet Monday, Nov. 12, 1 p.m., in the church's social hall, 1343 Newport Ave.
Cracked Walnuts will entertain.
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 1235 Main St., will host a basket bingo Saturday, Nov. 10. Doors open at 11:30 a.m., and the games begin at 1 p.m.
The cost of a ticket includes 20 games. Specials will be sold separately.
Refreshments will be available for purchase.
For tickets, call 610-502-1037.
Compared to many areas, Hurricane Sandy delivered only a soft punch to Coplay.
Among the most notable damage occurred at Sammy Balliet Stadium, where the dugout roof was blown right off its block walls. (See photo, page 5).
At St. Peter's Catholic Church Cemetery, the large cross that marks the final resting place of the church's former pastors tilted precariously forward.
The traffic light at Second and Chestnut streets was out for a couple of days.