North Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Officers responded to a motor vehicle crash in the 1100 block of Fourth Street.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 1200 block of Third Street.
· Officers assisted the Catasauqua Police Department in the 700 block of Front Street.
· A report of an animal at large brought police to the 1400 block of Howertown Road.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 100 block of...
The Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Police responded to a domestic call in the 600 block of Bath Avenue.
· A motor vehicle crash brought officers to Race Street.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 200 block of York Street.
· Police were called to the 900 block of Church Street to investigate a report of loud noise.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 200 block of Prospect Street.
· A report...
The Northampton Area School District PTA Council Reflections Awards will be presented 7 p.m. tonight at the high school.
Reflections is an annual arts contest sponsored by the PTA. Winners at the building level advance to the district level. The awards given tonight are for the district level.
Breakfast with dads: The George Wolf PTA will sponsor a breakfast with Dads Saturday, Jan. 19, at George Wolf Elementary School. The snow date is Jan. 26.
Schools will be open:...
Mock Turtle and the Pennsylvania Sinfonia Orchestra present a great new piece for young listeners entitled "The Museum of Music."
The presentation will take place 10 a.m. Jan. 18 at the Ice House in Bethlehem. The program will include eight full-sized puppets coming to life as the museum opens its doors to the world of classical music.
Moving to the live musical accompaniment of some of the region's best classical musicians, children will learn just how much classical music...
Northampton police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Police responded to a report of two men fighting in the parking lot at Redner's Quick Shoppe, 75 West 21st Street.
· A report of a tire punctured on a vehicle brought police to the 900 block of Dewey Avenue.
· Police were called to The Gin Mill, 1750 Main St., to investigate a report of an intoxicated man who refused to vacate the premises.
The Whitehall police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A report of a disturbance brought officers to the 700 block of Seventh Street.
· Police responded to a report of a missing juvenile in the 2200 block of Second Avenue.
· Officers were called to the 400 block of Main Street to investigate a report of suspicious activity.
· A report of a reckless driver brought police to Third Street.
· Police responded...
Coplay Lions Club's popular Super Bowl breakfast is scheduled for Sunday, Feb.3, at the Coplay Saengerbund, Fifth Street and Schreiber Avenue.
The all-you-can-eat event, which brings throngs of families, serves as a principal fundraiser for the club. The club also holds fundraising events for programs for the visually impaired and is otherwise active in the community. Most recently club members refurbished the baseball dugouts for the Coplay American Legion baseball program at Sammy...
Fundraisers abound for childhood cancer patients, teenagers who have been in car accidents and parents awaiting life-saving organ transplants.
And it is not just monetary donations that are offered. Babysitting services, home-cooked meals or transportation to doctors' appointments are other ways people pitch in to ease the burden and create a support system for the ill person and their family.
Friends and relatives may initiate the outreach, but it is also very common for...
Central Catholic High School Principal Dennis Nemes would like to welcome CCHS parents, alumni, friends and supporters to the state of the building presentation 6:30 p.m. Jan. 28 in Rockne Hall.
This meeting will include a wide range of status reports on the school and student body, as well as an introduction of the new Board of General Governance.
Recently established by Nemes, the Board of General Governance is comprised of members of the CCHS family who share a deep...