The Allen Board of Supervisors meets at 7 p.m. in the municipal building, 4714 Indian Trail Road.
The Lehigh Township Zoning Hearing Board meets at 6 p.m. in the municipal building, 1069 Municipal Road.
Bath Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. in the council chambers at the municipal building, 215 E. Main St.
The Lehigh Township Recreation Board meets at 7:30 p.m. in the municipal building, 1069 Municipal Road, Walnutport...
North Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A report of criminal mischief brought officers to the 1000 block of Howertown Road.
· Police responded to a disturbance in the 1000 block of Howertown Road.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 1100 block of Front Street.
· A report of a suspicious vehicle brought police to the 500 block of Arch Street.
· Officers responded to a domestic call in the 1000 block of...
Whitehall Township Police Department's K-9 unit now has oxygen breathing kits for its police dogs, Nitro and Onyx. Officers Jeff Coleman and Richard Garner, who serve as handlers, are occasionally dispatched to burning buildings or structures with hazardous materials and illegal substances. During a brief ceremony April 5, Lehigh Valley CART (County Animal Response Team) presented the special oxygen apparatus and kits to the township police department. From left are CART Rescue Captain...
Are you tired of touring facilities and sites that don't require you to wear a hard hat?
Are you bored with tours that leave you all neat and clean instead of dusty?
If you think tours that just aren't gritty enough or don't symbolize the real heart and soul of the American Experience, then the Northampton Area Chamber of Commerce has a tour for you.
The chamber will be hosting a tour of the Lafarge Cement Plant, 5160 Main St. (Route 329) in Cementon May 23.
The Klecknersville Rangers Volunteer Fire Company is seeking conscientious residents willing to be trained to serve as firefighters, EMS or fire police officers.
The volunteer fire company serves Moore Township and Chapman Borough with fire, ambulance and fire police protection.
If you have an interest in serving the community by volunteering, contact Fire Chief Jon Mann at 610-837-0846.
Point Phillips Rod & Gun Club, 1035 Smith Gap Road, has scheduled its...
Every time I conduct a program for parents of soon-to-be kindergarteners, two questions inevitably come up.
One is, "My child is so smart that I am afraid she will be bored in kindergarten. Should I put her right in first grade?"
To this, I usually respond, that given the structure and higher demands of kindergarten compared to what it was years ago, this child is very ready for the pace of today's kindergarten.
The second question that a parent always poses is, "I think...
Man found dead
State police are investigating the death of Michael J. Lagoey, 68, of 1502 Fifth St., Bethlehem.
According to the Lehigh County Coroner's Office, Lagoey was found dead April 3 at 12:34 p.m. at the Scottish Inn, 1701 Catasauqua Road, Hanover Township, Lehigh County.
Police have ruled the manner of death as suicide.
Harassment charges filed
A verbal dispute that turned into a physical altercation brought state police to the 100 block of...
The Catasauqua Canal cleanup has been scheduled for Saturday, April 20 from 9 a.m. until noon.
All volunteers will be provided with gloves, high visibility orange safety vests and bags for the trash and brush cleanup effort. Some will be given cutting implements, on loan from D&L, to trim low branches and invasive plants.
Beverages and light snacks will be provided.
As in prior years, anyone who wants to focus cleanup efforts in the downtown or the park system may do...
· Northampton Area High School Theater Company musical "Seussical" – 7 p.m., at the high school, 1619 Laubach Ave. Information: 610-262-7812.
· Whitehall High School theater presentation of "Oliver!" – 7:30 p.m., at the high school, 3800 Mechanicsville Road. Information: 610-437-5081.
· Delaware, Lehigh & Susquehanna Model Railroad Club meeting – 7-9 p.m. Coplay Borough Hall, Fourth and Center streets. Information: Dick Lobach at 610-965-2598.
Northampton police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Police responded to a report of that the rear tires of a vehicle had been slashed in the 1300 block of Stewart Street.
· A report of a dented right front fender on a vehicle brought officers to Hampton Lanes, 326 Main St.
· Police were called to Redner's Quick Shoppe, 33 W. 21st St., to investigate a report of a disorderly customer.
· A report of copper...