The upgrade at the Giant Gas Station on Chestnut and Cherry streets has been completed.
This is the first upgrade since the station opened more than a decade ago.
The self-service station was closed for several days last week while work was performed. Improvements include a bright red canopy, an lluminated logo and improved lighting and pumps.
Motorists, however, are not seeing any lower prices when they fuel their vehicles.
It's not too early to mark...
Runners take off for the start of the Northampton Recreation Center 5K race Oct. 6. The annual race, a fundraiser for the recreation center, offered a trophy and cash award to the first-place winners.
Congressman Charlie Dent, R-15th, was recently honored with The Friend of the Farm Bureau Award for consistently voting in favor of the farming community.
"The award recognizes those members of congress who support policies that help farmers obtain profitability with less regulatory interference and increase demand for U.S. products through new uses and enhanced trade opportunities," said Arland Schantz, governmental relations director for the Lehigh County Farm Bureau.
Photos of Bath Community Day Oct. 6.
A "horse" race is among the activities at Queenship of Mary's family day.
Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Officers responded to a burglary in the 200 block of Prospect Street.
· A report of harassment brought police to Catasauqua Auto Sales, 623 Howertown Road.
· Police were called to the 100 block of Pineapple Street to investigate a theft from a vehicle.
· Officers responded to a report of vehicle tires slashed in the 100 block of South Front Street.
· A report of a disturbance...
The Moore Elementary School is currently organizing a Veterans Day event for Friday, Nov. 9.
The school is looking for Veterans or current military personnel to talk with their students or do presentations on this day.
PTA: The school district PTA Council meeting...
Northampton police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Officers responded to a report of the theft of a DVD and prescription drugs from a vehicle at the Redner's Quick Shoppe, 33 W. 21st St.
· A report of a deer that jumped over the front of a vehicle and hit a Northampton police cruiser on the left front side brought officers to the railroad crossing on 21st Street.
· Police responded to a hit-and-run motor vehicle crash in...
As we approach the Nov. 6 general election, the Whitehall-Coplay Press, Northampton Press and the Catasauqua Press, in the interest of fairness, will halt the publication of columns by local government officials and letters to the editor submitted by those running for office.
The last week for publication of columns by local government officials was Oct. 11.
We will, of course, continue to cover the local races, in news stories generated by our own reporters.