Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Officers assisted a citizen in the 300 block of Fairview Street.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 500 block of Third Street.
· A report of a mirror broken off a vehicle brought police to the 400 block of Second Street.
· Police responded to an alarm at Hartzell's Pharmacy, 300 American St.
· An altercation between two juveniles brought police to the Medical...
Ryan Reed from Northampton Area Middle School was among the 180 student musicians from 45 middle schools in seven counties who came together at Saucon Valley High School Feb. 1 to participate in the Pennsylvania Music Educators Association District 10 Intermediate Band and Orchestra Fest. Joining Reed in the trumpet section are, in alphabetical order, Mark Boran from Blue Mountain Middle School, Timothy Brunstetter from Wind Gap Middle School, Jonathan Coaxum from Daniel Boone Area Middle...
· Blood drive – 10 a.m.-6 p.m., ReMax Unlimited, 1080 Schadt Ave. Information: Shari Noctor at 610-266-5241.
· AARP chapter 3115 meeting – American Club of Coplay, 300 Cherry St., Coplay. Information: 610-395-2820.
· Delaware-Lehigh Amateur Radio Club meeting – 7:30 p.m, Bethlehem Township Community Center, 2900 Farmersville Road, Bethlehem. NASA Astronaut Terry Hart will attend. Open to the public. Information: www.dlarc.org...
State police reported on Jan. 20 at 6:01 p.m. a man used offensive language and punched another person in the face at the Carmike Cinemas, Hanover Township, Lehigh County.
Charges of harassment and disorderly conduct will be filed against the man, police said.
On Jan. 2 at 5:23 p.m. state police were called to Sam's Club, 901 Airport Center Drive, Hanover Township, Lehigh County, to investigate a retail theft...
The Catasauqua Thrift Shop, 113 Bridge St., will have a one-half price sale on all adult clothing, shoes and accessories Feb. 11-16.
The hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Wednesdays and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Proceeds from the shop are returned to the Catasauqua community through contributions to youth and adult programs and services. Stop by for some great bargains!
Bingo will be held at St. Mary's Parish...
Man found sleeping on premises
Coplay Police on Feb. 1 responded to a call at 49 S. Front St. about an unwanted person on the premises.
Patrol officers found a 48-year-old man with no known address, sleeping in the basement of the building. The man told police he had nowhere to go.
Police transported the man to the Allentown Rescue Mission for lodging, police said.
A burglary brought police to the unit block of Saylor Drive Jan. 29....
The First Regional Compost Authority, which Allen Township played a pivotal role in creating, will hold its monthly meetings at the Allen Township Municipal Building for 2013.
Meetings, held on the third Tuesday of each month at 9:30 a.m., are open to the public.
The current chairman for the authority is Richard K. Gable.
Among the authority's original members are Allen Township and East Allen Township. Northampton County also played a role in helping the authority...
Photos of a recent flea market in Moore Township.
Northampton police responded to these and other calls recently.
A report of theft brought officers to Redner's Warehouse Market, 101 Held Drive.
· Police responded to a report of a mountain bike stolen in the 1600 block of Line Alley.
· Officers responded to a report of a tractor trailer that struck the Northampton Cementon Bridge.
· Police were called to the 2300 block of Main Street to investigate a report of a vehicle parked...
The Governor Wolf Historical Society will have speakers at the next two monthly meetings.
On Tuesday, Feb. 12, Ken Vliet will speak about blacksmithing and on Tuesday, March 12, Steve Hilberg will speak about Pennsylvania Longrifles.
The public is invited to attend these free talks which will be held at the society's campus just off Rt. 512, south of Bath. Both meetings begin at 7 p.m.
For more information, visit. www.govwolf.org....