Northampton AARP Chapter 3915 will meet on Wednesday, Feb. 13, at the Allen Township Fire Company, 3530 Howertown Road. Doors open at noon.
Entertainment will be music by Cracked Nuts.
Those planning to attend are asked to bring a baked good.
Anyone age 50 and over is welcome.
Those interested in AARP bus trips should contact Sharon at 610-262-9182.
The Allen Township and East Allen Township municipal buildings will be closed Monday, Feb. 18, in...
Municipalities, counties, states and the federal government at intervals conduct scheduled or unannounced drills to test and prepare emergency services in the event a real disaster or emergency occurs.
For the small borough of Coplay, a gas malfunction that occurred two weeks ago was not a drill. A problem at a regulator station left homes in the town without heat Jan. 23-24, one of the coldest days of the winter.
Plaudits go to the teamwork that resolved what certainly could...
The Whitehall police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A report of a wanted person brought police to the 4100 block of North Church Street.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 3100 block of East Church Street.
· A report of criminal mischief brought police to the 1300 block of Athens Drive.
· Police responded to a report of a suspicious person going door to door talking to residents of the 5100 block of Front Street about lowering their...
Northampton Area School Board meets at 6:30 p.m. in the first-floor boardroom of the district offices, 2014 Laubach Ave.
The Moore Township Farmland Preservation Commission meets at 7 p.m. in the municipal building, 2491 Community Drive.
The Lehigh Township supervisors meet at 7 p.m. in the municipal building, 1069 Municipal Road.
The Moore Township Environmental Advisory Commission meets at 7 p.m. in the municipal...
Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Officers assisted a citizen in the 300 block of Fairview Street.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 500 block of Third Street.
· A report of a mirror broken off a vehicle brought police to the 400 block of Second Street.
· Police responded to an alarm at Hartzell's Pharmacy, 300 American St.
· An altercation between two juveniles brought police to the Medical...
Ryan Reed from Northampton Area Middle School was among the 180 student musicians from 45 middle schools in seven counties who came together at Saucon Valley High School Feb. 1 to participate in the Pennsylvania Music Educators Association District 10 Intermediate Band and Orchestra Fest. Joining Reed in the trumpet section are, in alphabetical order, Mark Boran from Blue Mountain Middle School, Timothy Brunstetter from Wind Gap Middle School, Jonathan Coaxum from Daniel Boone Area Middle...
· Blood drive – 10 a.m.-6 p.m., ReMax Unlimited, 1080 Schadt Ave. Information: Shari Noctor at 610-266-5241.
· AARP chapter 3115 meeting – American Club of Coplay, 300 Cherry St., Coplay. Information: 610-395-2820.
· Delaware-Lehigh Amateur Radio Club meeting – 7:30 p.m, Bethlehem Township Community Center, 2900 Farmersville Road, Bethlehem. NASA Astronaut Terry Hart will attend. Open to the public. Information: www.dlarc.org...
State police reported on Jan. 20 at 6:01 p.m. a man used offensive language and punched another person in the face at the Carmike Cinemas, Hanover Township, Lehigh County.
Charges of harassment and disorderly conduct will be filed against the man, police said.
On Jan. 2 at 5:23 p.m. state police were called to Sam's Club, 901 Airport Center Drive, Hanover Township, Lehigh County, to investigate a retail theft...
The Catasauqua Thrift Shop, 113 Bridge St., will have a one-half price sale on all adult clothing, shoes and accessories Feb. 11-16.
The hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Wednesdays and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Proceeds from the shop are returned to the Catasauqua community through contributions to youth and adult programs and services. Stop by for some great bargains!
Bingo will be held at St. Mary's Parish...
Man found sleeping on premises
Coplay Police on Feb. 1 responded to a call at 49 S. Front St. about an unwanted person on the premises.
Patrol officers found a 48-year-old man with no known address, sleeping in the basement of the building. The man told police he had nowhere to go.
Police transported the man to the Allentown Rescue Mission for lodging, police said.
A burglary brought police to the unit block of Saylor Drive Jan. 29....