The Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania are seeking volunteers to be troop leaders.
While many activities keep girls and adults busy in the fall and through the holidays, people often have a little more free time in the winter.
New troop leaders will serve girls in kindergarten through fifth grade who have been waiting for a troop or who have some time between sports seasons.
Anyone interested should go online to www.gsep.org. Click on "...
Northampton police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Police responded to a report of a stolen vehicle in the 1300 block of Washington Avenue.
· A disturbance brought officers to the 1300 block of Stewart Street.
· A report of a lost passport brought police to the 800 block of Main Street.
· Police responded to a report of a stolen cell- phone.
· Officers were called to the 1700 block of Main Street to...
The American Lung Association of the Mid-Atlantic wishes everyone a Happy New Year.
As we rang in 2013, many of us made New Year's resolutions to improve our health and well-being. People who resolve to quit smoking have the chance to increase the length and quality of their lives.
Quitting works its magic the minute an individual makes the choice.
In just 12 hours after an individual quits, the carbon monoxide level in their blood drops to normal. Fast forward to a year...
The Chestnut Street Diner has shut down.
The sudden closing was a surprise to many of its patrons. The restaurant, located next to the post office, was a favorite for many because of its breakfasts.
Years ago, the structure served as a car wash, and then later was converted into an eatery. Some may recall Ralph Medina, who had experience in the region with running diners. He operated the restaurant, after which it became known as Chris's.
The closing of the Chestnut...
The annual spring basket social at St. Nicholas Catholic Church, Berlinsville, will be held Saturday, March 16, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and on Sunday, March 17, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Winners are notified by phone Sunday afternoon.
The kitchen will be open and nut rolls and baked goods will be available for purchase.
The event is held in the social hall of the church, 4412 Mountain View Drive (Route 946), Walnutport.
For more information, call 610-767-3107 or 610-767...
The Allen Board of Supervisors meets at 7 p.m. in the municipal building, 4714 Indian Trail Road.
The Lehigh Township Zoning Hearing Board meets at 6 p.m. in the municipal building, 1069 Municipal Road.
Bath Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. in the council chambers at the municipal building, 215 E. Main St.
The Lehigh Township Recreation Board meets at 7:30 p.m. in the municipal building, 1069 Municipal Road,...
Ritter receives scholarship
Joshua M. Ritter of Catasauqua recently was awarded the Ralphine and Gary Gentzler Scholarship.
Ritter, a student at Shippensburg University majoring in mid-level science and math education, is the son of Michael and Stephanie Ritter of Catasauqua.
He is a 2012 graduate of Catasauqua High School.
Adam Travis Bierman of Catasauqua graduated Dec...
Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A report of a suspicious person checking vehicle doors brought officers to the 400 block of Race Street.
· Officers responded to a report of fraud in the 400 block of Front Street.
· A disturbance between a man and two women brought police to the 400 block of Faith Drive.
· Officers assisted EMS in the unit block of Front Street.
· Police responded to an...
· Delaware, Lehigh & Susquehanna Model Railroad Club meeting – 7-9 p.m., Coplay Borough Hall, Fourth and Center streets. It is open to all model railroaders ages 14 and older. Information: Dick Lobach at 610-965-2598.
· Bingo – Doors open 5:30 p.m. Games start at 7 p.m., Petersville Rod and Gun Club, Moore Township. Information: 610-261-2210.
· Zumba classes – 7-8 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday at Faith Lutheran Church, 3355 MacArthur Road, Whitehall....