· Delaware, Lehigh & Susquehanna Model Railroad Club meeting – 7-9 p.m., Coplay Borough Hall, Fourth and Center streets. Information: Dick Lobach at 610-965-2598.
· Bingo – Doors open 5:30 p.m. Games start at 7 p.m., Petersville Rod and Gun Club, 550 Club Road, Moore Township. Information: 610-261-2210.
· Duplicate bridge, invitational – 12:30 p.m., Lehigh County Senior Citizens Center, 1633 Elm St., Allentown. For players with 0-199 master points. Information: 610-437-3700.
Lehigh Township Historical Society member Beverly Putt interviews Leonard and Glenn Anthony, brothers who lived in Cherryville, for many years, while their wives, Gladys and Shirley, listen. The information will go into the society's archives. Glenn was one of a pair of twin boys, along with Gary, who was going to meet with Putt later in the day. The family also had two girls, Doris Brandt and Margery Nicholas. The information from the interview will go into the society's archives.
Northampton Borough Council has granted permission to the Northampton Area School District to use the borough's recreation center on Lerchenmiller Drive as a temporary mass shelter.
NASD, in the past, used the football stadium as an emergency evacuation site in response to a bomb threat at the high school.
The borough will request a certificate of insurance from NASD.
Brianna Soltis, 12, left, and her sister, Brooke, 9, clutch stuffed animals they found at the yard sale hosted Aug. 3 by Queenship of Mary Church, Northampton. The girls are joined by their parents, Michael and Brandi Soltis. The family is from Northampton.
The Allen Board of Supervisors meets at 7 p.m. in the municipal building, 4714 Indian Trail Road.
The Lehigh Township Zoning Hearing Board meets at 6 p.m. in the municipal building, 1069 Municipal Road.
Northampton Area School Board meets at 6:30 p.m. in the first-floor boardroom of the district offices, 2014 Laubach Ave.
The Moore Township Farmland Preservation Commission meets at 7 p.m. in the municipal building, 2491 Community Drive.
The Northampton Exchange Club is reaching out in an effort to piece together the club's recorded written and photographic history.
Dr. Rodger Berg, past president and a member since 1979, is calling for the club to form a committee that will delve into the history of the club. He said such a project should begin before the borough-based Exchange Club celebrates its 100th birthday.
The club was chartered in 1927 and bills itself as"The Town's Active Service Club," with the slogan "Unity for Service."