Klecknersville Rangers Volunteer Fire Company, 2718 Mountain View Drive, will be having an indoor flea market 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Jan. 6.
The kitchen will be open.
For more information, call Dennis at 908-400-5953.
Emmanuel’s Lutheran Church, 3175 Valley View Road, will be having a holiday cantata 2 p.m. Jan. 6 in the sanctuary.
Join us for “The Winter Rose,” by Joseph M. Martin.
Refreshments and Christmas tunes will follow in fellowship hall.
• New Year’s Eve celebration, 3:30-7 p.m., at Coplay Saengerbund, 205 S. Fifth St.
• New Year’s Eve party, 7 p.m. (doors open 6:30 p.m.), at Petersville Rod & Gun Club, 550 Club Road, Moore Township. Information and cost: Kathy or Rich at 610-746-4847
• New Year’s Eve party (featuring Banned from the Ranch), 7 p.m.-2:30 a.m., at Point Phillips Rod & Gun Club, 1035 Smith Gap Road, Moore Township. Information and cost: 610-837-0310
Catasauqua Community Thrift Ship, 113 Bridge St., will be having a half-price sale on everything in the shop Jan. 2-12, 2019.
Normal business hours are 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays and 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Donations of used, clean clothing are gratefully accepted during store hours.
Proceeds from the shop are returned to the community through contributions that support youth and adult programs and services.
Coplay Saengerbund is hosting an early New Year’s Eve celebration — 3:30-7 p.m. — at the club, 205 S. Fifth St.
The ballroom is expected to be packed with couples enjoying a late-afternoon gathering and listening to polka music by the Emil Schanta Band.
Elsewhere in the borough, restaurants will be crowded with diners enjoying chefs’ holiday specials. Others will celebrate at home.
New Year’s Day is observed in many homes with a pork and sauerkraut dinner, a custom that invokes good luck for the year.
Northampton Municipal Building will be closed Jan. 1, 2019, in observance of New Year’s Day.
St. John’s Friendly Fifties will meet 1 p.m. Jan. 14, 2019, in the church’s social hall, 1434 Newport Ave.
If Northampton schools are delayed or closed due to snow, the meeting will be Jan. 21, 2019.
Send in your news! Email the information to email@example.com, and I’ll include it in an upcoming column.
Happy New Year!
Point Phillips Rod & Gun Club, 1035 Smith Gap Road, is hosting a New Year’s Eve party Dec. 31 featuring Banned from the Ranch. The event is 7 p.m.-2:30 a.m.
Tickets include food, party favors and a Champagne toast at midnight. There is a cost.
For more information, call 610-837-0310.
Klecknersville Rangers Volunteer Fire Company, 2718 Mountain View Drive, is having an indoor flea market 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Jan. 6, 2019.
For more information, call 610-837-1901.
I hope everyone has a happy and healthy New Year!
Is your church or organization having a fundraiser or event in Lehigh Township you want to let the community know about? Send me the information at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will be happy to announce it in a future column.
Today, I am over in Hokendauqua with my friend Mike Bednar, a Darktown resident and noted railroad historian. We are looking at what remains of the Thomas Iron Company and Ironton Railroad.
Both companies were very important to the residents, providing employment and company homes. Thomas even provided electricity for Hokendauqua homes — but forgot Darktown.
The Allen Township and East Allen Township municipal buildings will be closed Jan. 1, 2019, for New Year’s Day.
Do you have news to share with our readers? Email the information to email@example.com, and I’ll include it in an upcoming column.
Happy New Year!
• Christmas Eve services, 4 p.m. (special children’s worship) and 7:30 p.m. (traditional candlelight service), at Presbyterian Church of Catasauqua, 210 Pine St.
• Christmas Eve services, 6 p.m. (family service) and 9 p.m. (sacred worship and Holy Communion service), at St. John’s United Church of Christ, 575 Grape St., Fullerton
• Christmas Eve service, 6:30 p.m., at First Presbyterian Church of Hokendauqua, 3005 S. Front St.