This evening, July 20, there is a family fun night at Parkway Pool, 2 Keefer St., 6-8:30 p.m. Freddie Frederick Jr., a local deejay, will play the music.
The evening includes games, contests and dancing.
The Bacon Strip will have food available at the concession stand.
Construction activity is underway at St. Peter Roman Catholic Church, 4 S. Fifth St. A backhoe has moved mounds of ground as an elevator being installed there.
Seniors, in particular, are happy for the project, which has been discussed for years.
Bath Community Days will take place 5-10 p.m. July 20, 3 p.m.-midnight July 21 and 1 p.m.-midnight July 22 at Volunteer Firefighters Park, North Chestnut Street and Creek Road.
Family ride night is 5-10 p.m. July 20, sponsored by AEB Amusements.
Clam night is July 21.
There will be a 5K race 9 a.m. July 22 at Ciff Cowling Field, Allen Street.
Fireworks will be 10 p.m. July 22.
Entertainment for the event will be by Uncle Smiley Band July 20, Desire July 21 and Alex Allegra Forty Grand July 22.
For more information, call 610-837-6400.
Mark your calendar for a “Christmas with The Annie Moses Band” concert Dec. 1 at Bethany Wesleyan Church, 675 Blue Mountain Drive, Cherryville.
For tickets, visit iTickets.com or Bethany Wesleyan Church during office hours.
Reminder: The wellness team of Hope Lutheran Church, 4131 Lehigh Drive, Cherryville, is hosting a Miller-Keystone community blood drive in Kuntz Hall 7:30 a.m.-noon July 23. Donors with all blood types are needed, especially those with O negative, B negative, A negative and AB blood.
I wasn’t sure what to think or ultimately expect, despite the radiation oncologist doctor and other medical professionals explaining the process to me.
My first radiation appointment two weeks ago at Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest consisted of meeting with the doctor and going over the goals of treatment and its side effects.
Northampton Area Public Library’s book sale is continuing July 20 and 22 at the library, 1615 Laubach Ave., with a bag sale on the final day.
The library will host a program titled “Source Water Protection Starts at Home” 6:30 p.m. July 19. Master well owner Chris Jones will discuss well basics such as annual maintenance and water testing.
Munchkin Music will he held 11 a.m. July 24. Kids can enjoy music, movement and fun!
The third annual Northampton Area School District Student Council car show is set for 9 a.m.-3 p.m. July 29, with a rain date of July 30. There will be cars, trucks, motorcycles and antique tractors. The event will be held at Bicentennial Park West, 5351 Park West Lane, off Colony Drive.
Registration will be 9 a.m.-noon.
There will be awards (presented 3 p.m.), door prizes, a tricky tray, food, a deejay, crafts and a flea market. All proceeds will benefit Student Council.
The Catasauqua Thrift Shop, 113 Bridge St., is having a half-price sale on all clothing July 24-29.
Donations of good, used, clean clothing are gratefully accepting during store operation hours, which are 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Wednesday and Saturday.
Proceeds from the shop are returned to the community through contributions that support youth and adult programs and services.
Last month, the Lehigh Valley celebrated a first when it became home to its debut construction camp for girls.
• Altered book art (for teens in grades 6-12), 2 p.m., at Northampton Area Public Library, 1615 Laubach Ave.
• Beading club (for teens and adults), 6:30 p.m., at Whitehall Township Public Library, 3700 Mechanicsville Road
• Vacation Bible School, 6:30-8:30 p.m., at St. John’s Lutheran Church, 18 S. Third St., Coplay. VBS will continue until July 21.
• Disney storytime, 12:30 p.m., at Coplay Public Library, 49 S. Fifth St.
• Vacation Bible School, 9 a.m.-noon, at Holy Cross Lutheran Church, 696 Johnson Road, Nazareth. VBS continues until July 14. Registration: vbsmate.com/holycrossnazareth
• Wildlife day camp (for kindergarten through eighth grade), 9 a.m.-4 p.m., at Wayne Grube Park, Pavilion 1, 1200 Willowbrook Road, Allen Township. Registration: 610-965-4397, ext. 131, or email@example.com
• St. John’s Friendly Fifties picnic (rain or shine), noon-5 p.m., at 26th Street Playground, Northampton