· Northampton Area High School Drama Club family storytime – 6 p.m., Northampton Area Public Library, 1615 Laubach Ave. Information: 610-262-7537.
· Coplay Garden Club meeting – 7 p.m., St. John's Lutheran Church, South Third Street. Information: 610-261-1243.
· Explorer Post 101 meeting – Coplay municipal building, 98 S. Fourth St. Information: Jake at 610-465-2598.
· Delaware, Lehigh & Susquehanna Model Railroad Club meeting – 7-9 p.m. Coplay Borough Hall, Fourth and Center streets. Information: Dick Lobach at 610-965-2598.
Northampton police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Officers responded to the theft of scrap aluminum window frames in the 2000 block of Laubach Avenue.
Police were called to the 100 block of West 17th Street to investigate a report of the rear door of the residence broken and entry made into the home.
· A domestic call brought officers to the 1600 block of Railroad Street.
· A report of a disturbance brought police to the 1600 block of Main Street.
Lynn Confalone of Northampton drops a ticket into a canister in hopes of winning a gift certificate at the St. Mary's basket social on March 24. The annual event, which featured more than 100 prizes, took place March 22-24 in Catasauqua.
North Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
A domestic call brought officers to the 1000 block of Third Street.
· Officers assisted the Catasauqua police in the 1000 block of Fourth Street.
· Police responded to a report of a theft from a vehicle in the 1300 block of Third Street.
· Officers were called to the 700 block of Locust Street to investigate a burglary.
· A report of a suspicious activity brought police to the 1100 block of Second Street.
It happens every year at my house as the April 15 tax-filing deadline nears. Once my IRS forms are filed, I take the folder with all the supporting receipts, invoices and forms to our home office filing cabinet to store.
Inside this drawer are numerous hanging file folders containing insurance policies, investment documents, automobile titles and loan papers and other documents. Stuffing the new file into what little remaining space there is, I ask myself, "Do I really need all this stuff?" and then, "Should some of this be more securely stored?"
Northampton Borough Council President John Yurish, left, admires a 1940s milk bottle from the Northampton Sanitary Dairy given to borough Manager Gene Zarayko. At last week's council meeting, borough Solicitor William McCarthy gave Zarayko the bottle, saying his wife found it at a flea market in the coal region. Zarayko, who has been borough manager for 27 years, said the milk bottle will have a place with other town memorabilia in his office at the municipal building.
East Allen Township Board of Supervisors meets at 7:30 p.m. in the municipal building, 5344 Nor-Bath Blvd.
Bath Borough Council meets at 7 p.m. in the council chambers at the municipal building, 215 E. Main St.
The East Allen Township Municipal Authority meets at 7 p.m. in the township municipal building, 5344 Nor-Bath Blvd.
The Moore Township Board of Supervisors meets at 7:30 p.m. in the municipal building, 2491 Community Drive.
completes basic training
Army Reserve Pvt. Michael S. Warfield graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, S.C.
Officers assisted EMS in the 400 block of Front Street.
· A report of a suspicious person brought police to the 300 block of Walnut Street.
· Police were called to the 800 block of Walnut Street to investigate a report of a disturbance.
· Officers responded to a report of a suspicious activity in the 600 block of South 14th Street.
· A motor vehicle crash brought police to the unit block of West Race Street.
· Officers responded to a report of disorderly conduct in the 500 block of American Street.