Fireworks light up the sky over Northampton at the conclusion of Northampton Exchange Club's Community Days fair July 13. The fireworks are part of the annual fair.
Louise A. Eckensberger, 82, of Whitehall, died July 5, 2013, in Lehigh Valley Hospital, Cedar Crest. She was the wife of attorney William H. Eckensberger Jr. for more than 62 years.
She was a daughter of the late William and Anna (Porotsky) Wolbach.
She is survived by three children, Gail Endicott of Waldorf, Md., Jill Burt of Gambrills, Md., and Willian H. III of Whitehall; three grandchildren, Charles, Cora and Lewis Burt; and a brother, Roger Wolbach of Emmaus.
She was predeceased by three brothers, Donald, Carl and Robert Wolbach.
· Delaware, Lehigh & Susquehanna Model Railroad Club meeting – 7-9 p.m., Coplay Borough Hall, Fourth and Center streets. Information: Dick Lobach at 610-965-2598.
· Bingo – Doors open 5:30 p.m. Games start at 7 p.m., Petersville Rod and Gun Club, 550 Club Road, Moore Township. Information: 610-261-2210.
· Duplicate bridge, invitational – 12:30 p.m., Lehigh County Senior Citizens Center, 1633 Elm St., Allentown. For players with 0-199 master points. Information: 610-437-3700.
· Dip-N-Dance – 6-9 p.m. at the Coplay pool.
Elaine C. Bilheimer, 69, of Slatington, died July 12, 2013, in her home.
She and her husband David D. Bilheimer celebrated 50 years of marriage in May.
She graduated from the former Slatington High School in 1961.
Born July 25, 1943, in Germansville, she was a daughter of the late Charles H. and Mabel A.M. (Leiby) Reeser.
She was a homemaker for numerous years.
A member of Christ United Church of Christ, Walnutport, she held memberships with Star Hose Company Co. No. 1, Emerald, and Citizen's Fire Co. No. 1, Slatedale.
Northampton police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Police responded to a report of a vehicle keyed in the 1700 block of Washington Avenue.
· A report of a possible attempted burglary brought officers to the 500 block of Washington Avenue.
· Police were called to Redner's Warehouse Markets, 101 Held Drive, to investigate a report of shots fired.
· A report of a hit-and-run motor vehicle crash brought police to the 1800 block of Northampton Avenue.
Ruth H. Irons, 62, of Bayville, N.J., died July 9, 2013. She was the wife of William Irons for 42 years. She was a daughter of the late Jesse and Hilda Grammes.
She was a 1968 Whitehall High School graduate and a 1973 Susquehanna University graduate.
She was an elementary school teacher for 37 years.
She is survived by three sons, Christopher and his wife Jennifer and their children Evan and Nicole; Tracy and his wife Katie who are expecting twins; and Kevin.
Contributions may be made to The Union Church, Central and Fourth Ave., Seaside Park, N.J.
An empty bench sits quietly as the warm sun lights up the Kreidersville Covered Bridge Sunday afternoon. The historic bridge crosses the Hokendauqua Creek in Allen Township and is the site for several events, such as a festival every two years and an annual tree lighting.
North Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A report of a missing child brought officers to the 1000 block of Railroad Street.
· Officers assisted the Catasauqua Police Department in the 400 block of Walnut Street.
· A report of a found dog brought police to the 1000 block of Front Street.
· Officers assisted the Catasauqua Police Department in the 200 block of Poplar Street.
· A report of a parking complaint brought police to the 600 block of Green Street.
Vincenteen (Vinnie) L. Schaffer, 74, of Willow Green, Allen Township, and formerly of Whitehall Township and North Catasauqua, died June 20, 2013, in Lehigh Valley Hospital, Cedar Crest. She was the wife of Robert (Bob) B. Schaffer for 55 years.
Born in Allentown, she was a daughter of the late Louis P. and Helen (Stehnack) Carfara.
She was a Catasauqua High School graduate. She attended Penn State computer classes.
She was an administrative assistant at Mack Trucks Inc. in the engineering department for 26 years.