A Lehigh River Symposium is scheduled for 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Jan. 22 at the Lehigh County Government Center, 17 S. Seventh St., Allentown.
The event is cosponsored by the Whitehall Township Industrial & Commercial Development Authority, the Lehigh Valley Planning Commission, Lehigh County and Whitehall Township.
Mary T. Mazur, 90, of Northampton, died Oct. 31, 2013, in Moravian Village, Bethlehem. She was the wife of the late John A. Mazur.
Born in Northampton, she was a daughter of the late Joseph and Mary (Steiner) Eberhardt.
She owned Mary's Beauty Salon for 60 years.
She was a member of Queenship of Mary Catholic Church, Northampton.
She was a charter member of the B.P. W. She and Mary Reges organized the Friendly Fifties, for which she was trip coordinator for 13 years and president for two years. She was a pierogy-making volunteer.
Catherine P. Kotch, 94, of North Catasauqua, died Nov. 27, 2013, in her daughter Patricia Ann Cuti's home. She was the wife of the late Walter S. Kotch.
Born in Egypt, she was the daughter of the late Walter and Catherine (Polachil) Sarnicke.
She worked at Bethlehem Steel during the war. She worked at the Wint Company, Catasauqua. She retired from Clyde Shirt Factory after many years of employment.
She was a member of St. Lawrence the Martyr Catholic Church, North Catasauqua.
Donna J. Yenser, 71, of Northampton, died Nov. 27, 2013, in her home.
Born in Hokendauqua, she was a daughter of the late Charles R. and Maude M. (Arey) Smith.
She was retired from Macy's where she worked for more than 20 years.
Jeanette J. Bachman, 71, of Northampton, died Nov. 5, 2013, at her home after a brief illness. She was the wife of the late Lester H. Bachman who died in 2003. They were married for 40 years.
Born in Quakertown, she was the daughter of the late John and Stella (Toczek) Drybola.
She was a graduate of Allentown Central Catholic High School.
She took great pride in working as a chief clerk for the Bethlehem Steel Company at the Homer Research Labs for 39 years until her retirement. She was fondly referred to as "The Chief" by her co-workers.
Sophie Terleski, 81, of Whitehall, died Nov. 7, 2013. She was the wife of the late George Terleski.
Born in Cementon, she was a daughter of the late John and Anna (Los) Sirko.
She was a member of St. John the Baptist Ukrainian Catholic Church, Northampton.
Janet E. Kling, 91, of Allentown, died Nov. 27, 2013, surrounded by her family in the home of her son, Jan. She was the wife of the late Robert A. Kling.
Born in Allentown, she was the daughter of the late Margaret (Wickert) Sies and Vernal Sies.
She worked 33 years at Mack Trucks Inc. in the accounting department.
She enjoyed volunteering at St. Luke Hospital's gift shop for many years. She also enjoyed walking, dancing, writing poetry, playing cards, attending family parties and celebrations, shopping, traveling and dining out.
· Delaware, Lehigh & Susquehanna Model Railroad Club meeting – 7-9 p.m., Coplay Borough Hall, Fourth and Center streets. Open to all model railroaders ages 14 and older. Information: Dick Lobach at 610-965-2598.
· Duplicate bridge, invitational – 12:30 p.m., Lehigh County Senior Citizens Center, 1633 Elm St., Allentown. Information: 610-437-3700.
· Duplicate bridge open game – 7 p.m., Brith Shalom, 1190 W. Macada Road, Bethlehem. Information: 610-866-8009.
North Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Officers were called to the 1000 block of Sixth Street where a resident was being evicted.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 200 block of Eugene Street.
· A report of a suspicious activity brought police to the 1000 block of Howertown Road.
· Police responded to a report of an abandoned vehicle in the 1200 block of Third Street.
· Officers assisted the Catasauqua Police Department in the area of Howertown Road and Wood Street.
Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Police were called to the 800 block of Walnut Street to investigate a disturbance.
· Officers responded to a motor vehicle crash at Catasauqua Beverage, 18 W. Race St.
· A report of shots fired brought officers to the 800 block of Walnut Street.
· Officers were called to Lukoil, 547 Front St., to investigate a report of a man yelling at people.
· A report of an abandoned vehicle brought police to the 500 block of Pearl Street.