ST. PAUL'S ANGLICAN CHURCH
25th & Livingston Streets
Allentown, 18104 - 610-435-0712
8:40 a.m. Morning Prayer
9 a.m. Holy Communion
'28 Book of Common Prayer
Wed., 10 a.m. Healing Service
Rev. Joseph S. Falzone
ASSEMBLY OF GOD
ASSEMBLY OF GOD
3449 Cherryville Road
Northampton - 610-262-5645
Daniel E. Lundmark, Pastor
Sunday School - 9:30 a.m.
Sunday Worship - 10:45 a.m.
Sunday Evening - 6:00 p.m.
Wed. Prayer & Bible - 7:30 p.m.
John Hewko, 89, of Northampton, died Sept. 26, 2013, in Lehigh Valley Hospital-Muhlenberg, Bethlehem.
Born in Northampton, he was the son of the late Aksenty and Anna (Brodetsky) Hewko.
He was in the United States Navy during World War II.
He retired from Western Electric after 24 years of service.
He was a member of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Ukrainian Orthodox Church, Northampton.
He was a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4714.
Stella C. Budihas, 86, of Northampton, died Sept. 26, 2013, in Lehigh Valley Hospital-Muhlenberg, Bethlehem. She was the wife of the late Stephen Budihas.
Born in Northampton, she was a daughter of the late Andrew and Theresa (Milkovits) Uivary.
North Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· An alarm summoned officers to the 1200 block of Eighth Street.
· Officers responded to a motor vehicle collision in the 800 block of Front Street.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 1300 block of Third Street.
· A report of a theft brought police to the 1000 block of Howertown Road.
· Officers responded to a motor vehicle crash on Howertown Road and Pine Street.
Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A report of an unwanted person brought officers to the 100 block of Front Street.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 200 block of Wood Street.
· A report of a vehicle owner taking possession of the automobile without paying for services brought police to the 200 block of Lehigh Street.
· Officers responded to a report of a resident receiving suspicious calls in the unit block of Stonewood Place.
· A report of a DUI brought police to American Street.
· Flu shots – Bath Drug Store, 310 S. Walnut St., Bath. Information: 610-837-9992.
· Duplicate bridge open game – noon, Brith Shalom, 1190 W. Macada Road, Bethlehem. Information: 610-866-8009.
· Cash bingo – Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Games begin 6:30 p.m., Whitehall Historical Preservation Society, Mickley and Lenhart roads, Whitehall. Information: 610-776-7166.
· Duplicate bridge, invitational – 12:30 p.m., Lehigh County Senior Citizens Center, 1633 Elm St., Allentown. Information: 610-437-3700.
Lee W. Missmer, 68, formerly of Catasauqua, died Sept. 26, 2013.
He was the son of the late Claude and Frances Missmer.
He was a master electrician formerly employed by Crowder Jr. Company. He later owned and operated his own business, First Class Electric Service.
He is survived by three sons, Michael and his wife Jody, Russell and his wife Danette and Christopher and his wife Claudia; seven grandchildren, Alyssa, Chase, Catherine, Kaleb, Dane, Samuel and Jonas; and two brothers, Claude and Richard.
Dianne M. Wolfe, 68, of Bangor, died Sept. 29, 2013, at her home She was the wife of the late Joseph H. Wolfe Sr.
Born in Whitehall-Egypt, she was a daughter of the late Charles and Anna (Marth) Lobach.
She was a floor worker for the former Tama Manufacturing, Allentown, for five years before retiring in 2000. Before that, she was a machine operator, floor lady and hand repairs worker for the former Cross Country Clothes, Northampton, for 35 years.
Martha Evelyn Mitman, 89, of Northampton, died Oct. 3, 2013, at Lehigh Valley Hospital-Muhlenberg. She was the wife of the late Kenneth W. Mitman.
Born in Red Hill, Okla., she was a daughter of the late William and Sadie (Warrington) Carman.
She worked at various factories in the Northampton area before retiring in 1986.
She was a member of Grace United Church of Christ, Northampton.
Angeline Ertl, 89, of Northampton, died Oct. 5, 2013, at Valley Manor, Coopersburg. She was the wife of the late Frank A. Ertl.
Born in Uniontown, she was a daughter of the late Fortunato R. and Eva (Baughman) Fee.
She held many positions including treasurer, secretary and vice president of the Ladies Auxiliary VFW Post 4714.