Boys lacrosse coach is hired
Geoffrey Chenworth has been hired as the Northampton Area School District head boys lacrosse coach, effective for the 2019-20 school year, at $8,119.
In other business at the Aug. 26 NASD Board of Education meeting, school directors also voted unanimously 9-0 to approve:
• Contract between the NASD and Paul Buechle as a psychoeducational evaluator at $625 per evaluation, plus mileage, for not more than 12 evaluations, from Sept. 15 to June 30, 2020
• Resignation of Helen Deegan as study hall instructional assistant at Northampton Area High School, effective Aug. 7
• Participation of April Krempasky and Theresa Wenck in the 2019-20 German-American Partnership Program, which includes accompanying NASD students to Germany for an exchange visit and coordinating and hosting visiting German students to NASD. The cost to NASD for the program is approximately $2,700, included in the school board-approved 2019-20 curriculum budget.
• Hiring of William Sanchez, third-shift maintenance I, effective Sept. 16, at $26.31 per hour
• Krempasky, Lauren Ezzell and Catherine Salazar to accompany approximately 34 AP world language students to New York City, Nov. 1, at a cost to NASD of $330, included in the 2019-20 NAHS budget
• Adoption of the revised attachments for the policy Education of Children Residing with an Adult Other Than Natural and-or Custodial Parent, effective Aug. 26
• Revised curricula for Northampton Area Middle School and NAHS, including revised computer technology, honors pre-calculus, AP physics 1, and French, Spanish and German level I through level IV regular and honors courses
• New three-year service agreement for chemical water treatment for boilers, water softeners and chiller loop systems at George Wolf Elementary School, Moore Elementary School, Siegfried Elementary School, NAMS and NAHS with the Tustin Group, Norristown, at an annual rate of $4,968
• Contract for services with Pennsylvania School Boards Association to upgrade policy maintenance services from policy news network to policy news network plus at $899 for the 2019-20 school year
• Attendance of Charles Longacre, NASD school board director, at 2019 PAGE Conference, Nov. 14-15, at $680.11
NASD Board of Education next meets 6:30 p.m. Sept. 9 in the administration building, 2014 Laubach Ave., Northampton.