Education, programs are available
Cancer Support COMMUNITY
The Cancer Support Community of the Greater Lehigh Valley is offering the following free education and support programs for cancer patients and their caregivers in June.
Unless otherwise noted, programs are held at the Cancer Support Community, 944 Marcon Blvd., Suite 110, Allentown.
• Survivor Summit: 8 a.m.-1:30 p.m. June 15 at the Historic Hotel Bethlehem. The day includes speakers and sessions featuring art therapy, yoga, clinical trials, lymphedema management, medical marijuana, budget planning, care giving, exercise, nutrition and more.
• Breast Friends Breakfast: 8:30 a.m. June 19. Newly diagnosed with cancer and looking to connect with other women? Current survivor preferring a more casual setting to talk with others who speak the same language?
• Discovering Your New Normal: 1-3 p.m. June 20 and July 18. In this open format group, they will discuss any issues, including trouble sleeping, concerns about pain, existential and family issues, etc.
• T’ai Chi: 10:45-11:45 a.m. June 21 and 28. T’ai Chi is a whole-body exercise system and can be a means of personal transformation.
• Healthy Cooking: New Cancer-Fighting Recipes: 8 p.m. June 21 at Northampton Community College, 511 E. Third St., Fowler Family Southside Center, Bethlehem
To register, call 610-861-7555.