NASD board approves teachers, transfers
With the start of the 2014-15 school year in Northampton Area School District, the school board has approved several teacher appointments and staff transfers.
School board members voted 8-0, with one member absent at the Aug. 25 meeting, to approve:
· Emily Reightler, health and physical education teacher, Northampton Area High School, effective retroactive to Aug. 25 at a salary of $46,050, with benefits;
· Kristine Yessen, elementary teacher, George Wolf Elementary School, effective retroactive to Aug. 25 for the 2014-15 school year at a salary of $49,198, with benefits;
· Voluntary transfer effective with the 2014-15 school year for LeeAnn Hildebrand, special education instruction assistant, Moore Township Elementary School to Northampton Area High School;
· Voluntary transfer of Lori Yorke from cafeteria monitor to special education instructional assistant, Moore Elementary School, effective retroactive to Aug. 18, with benefits;
· Voluntary transfer of Lynn Tepes from cafeteria monitor to special education instructional assistant, Siegfried Elementary School, effective retroactive to Aug. 18, with benefits;
· Athletic coaching staff members and stipends for the 2014-15 school year including Philip Hall, assistant basketball coach, $4,274; Andrew Snyder, assistant field Hockey coach, $1,257.49; and Jason Winchenbach, assistant boys volleyball coach, $2,004;
· Karen Koplin, cafeteria monitor, Siegfried Elementary School, effective retroactive to Aug. 25 at $10.77 per hour, with no benefits;
· Eric Bauer, Tuesday through Saturday custodian at Siegfried Elementary School, effective Aug. 26 at $17.99 per hour, with benefits;
· Ronia Jarrah, paid childbearing leave of absence from on or about Nov. 7 through Jan. 5, 2015; an unpaid child rearing leave with benefits, beginning Jan. 6, 2015, through April 1, 2015, and an unpaid childrearing leave, without benefits, beginning April 7, 2015, through the end of the 2014-15 school year;
· Kristin Sage Meeker, instructional assistant, resignation for retirement, effective Aug. 29;
· Textbook adoptions for the 2014-15 school year for $269,398.50 and Keystone Opportunity Grant funding of $142,940.67. Textbook costs are included in the board-approved curriculum budget.
· Law enforcement liability insurance coverage by Scottsdale Insurance Company at $6,766 from Sept. 5 to September 5, 2015; and
· Attendance of NASD board members Darin Arthofer, Dr. Michael Baird and Chuck Longacre at the PASA-PSBA School Leadership Conference, Oct. 2 -24 in Hershey, at an estimated cost of $3,235.89.