NASB names asst. principal
Kimberly Kochansk has been hired as Northampton Area High School assistant principal, effective July 13, or upon release from her previous employer. Her salary is $75,000, prorated, with benefits.
The Northampton Area School Board also approved the following employment agenda items at its July 8 meeting, at the administration's recommendation, by a vote of 5-0, with four school board members absent:
· Revised contract for Wilfred Williams as the Northampton Area School District School police officer, effective July 1-June 30, 2014, at a salary of $48,689.79. This represents a 2-percent increase over his 2012-13 salary.
· Voluntary transfer of Julie DeGroot from special educational instructional assistant to noninstructional assistant in the counseling office at Northampton Area High School, effective Aug. 19.
· Lisa Frederick, short-term substitute mathematics teacher at Northampton Area Middle School, Aug. 19-Nov. 8, at the per diem rate of $125, without benefits;
· Revised list of teachers to provide extended school year and Chapter 15-Section 504 Services for summer 2013.
· Mitchell Thomas, custodian at George Wolf Elementary School, retroactive to July 1. His base rate is $16.54 per hour with benefits, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and Teamsters Local 772. Employment is contingent upon receipt of acceptable clearances.
· Donald Suranofsky, skilled maintenance for middle shift, on or about July 22 at a rate of $22.66 per hour, with benefits, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and Teamsters Local 772. Employment is contingent upon receipt of acceptable clearances and drug test results.
· Revised list of student summer help, with a rate of $7.25 per hour, effective summer 2013. The listing denotes those students who are pending receipt of acceptable clearances.
The board also approved the following, at the administration's recommendation, by a voice vote:
· The retirement of Robert Schaffer, skilled maintenance, effective Jan. 31, 2014.
· Textbooks for the 2013-14 school year at a cost of $121,348.73, per the board-approved curriculum budget.
· A three-year service agreement with Engines Inc., Northampton, for service to NASD emergency generators for July 1-June 30, 2016. The first year, 2013-14, will cost, $4,561, plus a routine generator test at $4,200, for a total of $8,761. The following year will be $4,561 and the third year will be $4,561.
· A three-year service agreement with Communication Systems Inc., Allentown, for the Northampton Area High School fire alarm system annually at $1,980, which is the same rate as previously, effective July 1-June 30, 2016.
· A three-year service agreement with Integrity Mechanical, Plumsteadville, Bucks County, for NASD boilers for $5,000 annually and an hourly rate of $72 per hour for mechanical labor if needed, effective July 1-June 30, 2016.
· A three-year service agreement with Trane Inc. for the service and annual coil cleaning of the two chillers at Moore Elementary School annually at $4,425, effective July 1-June 30, 2016.
· A five-year service agreement with Johnson Controls Inc. for service to NASD HVAC digital-control computer systems annually at $33,107, at the same rate as the previous contract, effective July 1-June 30, 2018.
The board also appointed Walter Fries and Donna Pinsley as trustees for Northampton Area Public Library Board.